WEEK
2
Hi
everyone.
It’s
me again… writing the 2nd week journal for Cellular and
Developmental Biology.
The topic was still the same. But, the subtopic was History of Life. In the lectures, I was exposed about the origin of life, which how life can be exist. There were so many theories out there about life. Did you know that life started 3.8 billion years ago???! (I know you can’t believe that!)
Origin of life is divided by two, chemical evolution and biological evolution.
At first, I didn’t understand the evolution and the stages until Dr Parameswari assigned us to make a concept map the origin of life.
By the way, in the last class, we already formed a group. So, my group members are, Syamil, Mimi and Pei Ying.
So, after Syamil and Pei Ying show me their concept map, I read again the notes and tried to understand by relating their map with the notes. And yeahh! I did it. It’s really useful and now I understand why Dr. Parameswari always told us to make a concept map or even a mind map. By doing the concept map, I can describe the origin of life easily.
The next lesson we learned was systematic, taxonomy and classification. For the first few slides, it was quite easy for me as I had learned it before in matriculation. It was about fungi, bacteria, plant and so on. The next thing was the systematic and classification. It was about naming, classify the organisms. Through this topic I can know the reasons why that there were problems while naming the living things until a Swedish botanist, Caralus Linnaeus who develop and publish the first consistent classification system for both plants and animals. I can share the hierarchy that I learned,
Kingdom --> Phylum --> Class --> Order --> Family --> Genus --> Species
Addition information that I think everyone knows already, that the scientific name is written binomial (genus + species). For example, Homo sapien. So, for the specific idea about classification, you guys can drop your comment down below and ask me the questions or use the technology, search on the internet!
The activity was not only a concept map, but this is it! Dr. Parameswari assigned us to make a Reflective Learning Journal Blog. I think Dr. has her own reason why she asked us to make it. As this is my third entry, I can see what Dr. trying to do. I did my revision to write this entry!!! (hahaha, daebak Dr.)
Other than that, Dr. Parameswari also assigned us a group task regarding last week’s topic. The task was Cartoon on Natural Selection. Yup, we have to draw cartoons and none of my group members (including me) know how to draw. Funny thing! (But, I’ll upload the cartoons once my group are done with it :D ). Please don’t expect a beautiful, nice, clear and artistic drawing from my group (hahaha).
We were also need to complete a quiz on classification. Hmm, I can’t say it was an easy-type question, but I also can’t say it was a difficult-type question. Maybe, it was a medium type question (haha, lol)?
I think, that’s all for my Week 2. Till then, we meet again.
Sincerely by,
Adawiyah
Fauzi.
*sorry
for my bad English writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment