WEEK
3
Hi
everyone. So, this is my 4th entry but I’m going to write about my 3rd
week of this course. It’s quite late, yeah I know!
So,
on 3rd week we learned about prokaryotes, prions, viroids and
viruses. So, basically the topic of prokaryotes is the easiest one as I have
learned it before in matriculation and also the topic is the same as in
microbiology. But for another three topics, it was new for me.
As
what I remember, we were discussing about the scientist, the cell theory and
the comparison of the prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. As a recap, there are few
scientists that we learned, Robert Hooke, Anton van Leeunwenhoek, Schwann,
Schleiden, Virchow and Louis Pasteur. These scientists have their own
distribution towards cell theory.
We
were also prepared a video by Dr. about the cell theory. Other than that, Dr.
had finally found a new way of making our class active as she did a group activity
which we had to compare between eubacteria and archaebacteria. The activity was
fun as one representative of each group must quickly run to the whiteboard and
write one difference and one similarity about it. We did it as a Venn diagram.
By doing this activity, I can see how it works actually. Team works and
determination (not to be the last group which write down on the whiteboard!).
Another
topic we learned was Endosymbiosis. The one that I remember, there was no
lecture notes on this topic. There was only a video for us to capture and
understand what endosymbiosis was. Then, there again! Another group activity was
about comparison between mitochondria and chloroplast. We did the comparison by
using the Venn diagram. At first, I didn’t understand what endosymbiosis was actually
because at that time I was so sleepy. So, I can’t focus on the played video. My
initiative in understanding the topic, I played the video again in my room and
I searched on the internet about endosymbiosis. After looking up on the
internet, I got confused for a moment where there were words of symbiogenesis
and symbiotic theory.
Honestly,
I still cannot adapt to the university environment. There are still lots of
things that I need to do and learn on how to become a great university student.
When I see my friends studying, I feel like I need to do something. I need to
gain something like her. Until now, I have never learned something from books.
I have never borrowed a book from the library. All that I know was only internet.
I really have to change my strategy. Even though I always step in the library,
I need to use all the facilities as much as I can for example, books. I cannot
depend hundred percent on the internet only.
I
think that’s all from me. Thank you. Wish me the best, guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment